Sunday, December 6, 2009

All I Want For Christmas...

Is to have my baby boy home safe.  One week has gone by and we have not seen hide nor poop of rex.  When he first went missing, we found three poops behind his tank.  We assume that at least one of them may be from the first time he got out.  Anyway, in our search we've been looking for poop hoping that it could give us some indication of the general area Rexxie may be hiding in.  Unfortunately, we've turned up nothing.  We've moved all the furniture and turned everything upside down.  I can't imagine how he could get out of the apartment... There are no vents or open doors.  My mind has jumped to a million and one horrible conclusions, and two nights ago I broke down and sobbed for a good hour while I did dishes.

I just can't bear the thought that he might be trapped or injured somewhere, and dying a slow death waiting for someone to find him and rescue him.  Not knowing where he is or what has become of him is eating me away inside and now my mind wanders to the most horrible scenarios, like, what if he got into the garbage and accidentally got thrown out?  Oh god... I can't think about throwing him out... It's just so horrible and unjust for an innocent creature who had no other option but to trust it's well-being in your hands.

My heart is broken.  I want Rex back so badly I don't know what to do.




This one is Rex sleeping in his water dish with his arms and legs hanging over the sides.  It was taken with a cell phone so it's not great quality, but it was a damn cute moment :)


I'm still holding out hope for you, honey.  I "accidentally" let a cricket or two escape every so often... Come home baby boy.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment